for the custard:
- 10 egg yolks
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
For the toppings:
- (Optional) Kiwi Cherry Or any citrus fruit
How to make Baked Leche Flan:
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, dissolve the sugar until it is caramelized into a golden brown syrup. Carefully transfer into your baking pan covering its entire bottom.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the egg yolks and both the condensed and fresh milk. Add the lemon zest.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking pan with the caramelized sugar and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake in the oven for at least 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Transfer to a serving platter by flipping the baking pan upside down. Top with you fruit of choice.
Source: Jane’s Kitchen