Beef and broccoli is one of the Asian dish that is obvious because some of the ingredients are not indigenous in the Philippines. Just like the oyster sauce and broccoli that are locally produced, grown and harvested. Beef and broccoli recipes are often marinated and stir fry just like the recipe we have here. Using ingredients such as steak, broccoli, garlic, cornstarch, soy sauce, oyster sauce, mirin and chicken broth. Aside from the great delicious and savoring taste, this dish is also healthy as it includes broccoli as one of the main ingredients. Thus, making this a perfect recipe to choose for your next meal. Have this dish pined on your list and happy cooking!
- 3/4 pound flank steak, sliced very thin and against the grain
- 4 cups broccoli cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1-1/2 tablespoons high-heat cooking oil like vegetable or canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- cooked white rice
For the Beef Marinade:
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce1 teaspoon mirin
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
How To Cook Beef & Broccoli in Oyster Sauce:
- Place the sliced beef in a large ziplock bag. Stir together the marinade ingredients and pour into the bag.
- Smoosh to coat the beef in the mixture, then let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for 2 minutes, or until crisp tender. Do not overcook as the broccoli will cook a bit more later in the recipe.
- Stir together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat an electric wok, or a very large skillet, to high heat.
- Add the oil then gently place the beef in the wok and spread into a single layer. Let the beef cook for 1 minute without touching it.
- Add the garlic and stir continuously for 1 minute, then add in the sauce and broccoli.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then add in the cornstarch dissolved in water.
- Cook until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice, if desired.
Image Credit: recipehubs.com