Basically, buko pandan is a dessert best described as consisting pandan flavored gelatin and shredded young coconut mixed with cream and sweetened milk. It is stable on every Filipino party or salu-salo especially during Christmas time. Its rich pandan flavor is extracted from boiling the pandan leaves and using it making the gelatin. This sweet, creamy and delicious dessert really goes on craze especially during hot weather summer season. Made flavorful using ingredients such as leaves of panda, buko, water, nestle cream, condensed milk, green gulaman, sugar and kaong. This recipe is so easy, after thawing the young coconut, it was mixed with the cream and condensed milk then add the pandan flavored gelatin. Serve it chilled to enjoy it more!
- 8 leaves of Pandan – (must be cleaned well)
- 5 Buko (Coconut)not too hard, not too soft- Grated to strips
- Water approx. 10 cups
- 3 small cans of Nestle Cream
- 1 medium can of Condensed Milk
- 2 bars of Green Gulaman
- 1 3/4 Cups Sugar (more if you want it sweeter)
- 1 cup Kaong (optional)
How to cook Buko Pandan Salad Recipe:
- Buko Pandan Salad Preparation Instructions:
- Boil water together with 8 pandan leaves that are individually twisted to break the fibers and expose the juice. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Before adding 2 bars of gulaman, make sure you remove the pandan leaves and check if the remaining water is equal to 8 cups – 1 bar of gulaman is good for 4 cups of liquid. If it is not 8 cups, less will mean hard gulaman and more than 8 cups will result in mushy soft gulaman.
- Ensuring gulaman is well-dissolved stir well.
- Add sugar while mixing. Do this for 5 minutes.
- Pour through a strainer into cooling trays. Wait till it cools and hardens, then put in fridge.
- Meanwhile, mix the grated buko with the 3 cans of cream and 1 can of condensed milk.
- Add kaong if you prefer.
- Get gulaman from ref and cut into 1 cm cubes.
- Mix with buko mixture.
- Served with Vanilla Ice Cream on top for a more delectable treat.