Shrimp in the Philippines have plenty of harvest especially on the local market. The rich sea also offers lots of different seafood that makes it no wonder why there are also wide variety of seafood dishes. Here, we have the delicious example of it with this buttered shrimps and veggies recipe. this is made flavorful using ingredients and seasonings such as shrimps, sweet green peas, chicken broth, quail eggs, jicama or singkamas, carrots, onion, butter, toasted cashew, cornstarch, salt and black pepper. Now you can enjoy shrimp with lots of vegetables that makes it healthier. Have this recipe and give it a try to experience this savoring taste. Happy cooking!
- 1 lb shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups sweet green peas
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 10 pieces quail eggs, hard boiled
- 3/4 cup jicama (singkamas), diced
- 3/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons, butter
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (diluted in 3 tablespoons of water)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
How To Cook Buttered Shrimps & Veggies:
- Melt butter in a pan or cooking pot.
- Put-in the onions and cook in low fire until the texture becomes soft.
- Add the carrots and jicama (singkamas), then cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the green peas and cashews, then cook for 2 minutes
- Move the vegetables on one side of the pan for extra space. Place the shrimp over the extra space and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir the ingredients until well incorporated then pour the chicken broth in. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the salt and ground black pepper then stir.
- Put-in the quail eggs and cornstarch (diluted in water) and stir lightly. Cook until desired thickness is achieved.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.