Searching for a chicken dish that is out of the usual? Then you should not miss trying this chicken cordon bleu. Basically, this is composed of chicken breast, ham, and Swiss cheese. But the recipe we have here uses other ingredients such as cheddar cheese, salt, peppercorn, bread crumbs, flour, egg and butter. The cooking process includes the ham and Swiss cheese are arranged on top of the chicken breast and rolled together then dredged in bread crumbs. This may sounds complicated, but is actually very simple dish to make and can either be fried or baked depending on your preference. This chicken cordon bleu will surely never disappoint you on satisfying your crave. So try it now and happy cooking!
- 4 pcs chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 4 pcs ham
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, (and I sliced it into sticks)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground peppercorn
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs – add 1/8 tsp paprika and 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- butter, cubed into 8 small pieces (optional)
How to cook Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe:
- Pre-heat oven into 180°C
- Gently pound the chicken breast into 1/4 thickness using a meat mallet.
- Season the chicken meat – sprinkle salt and ground pepper on both sides.
- Place 1 ham and 2 cheese sticks on top of each breast (but I prefer putting on another 2 cheese sticks! i love cheese!) Roll up each breast an secure with a toothpick.
- Dredge in flour. Then brush with beaten eggs. Then finally roll in bread crumbs mixture.
- Brush the baking pan with olive oil, then place the chicken rolls.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Then layer each rolls with butter cubes. Let the butter melts on its top, the roll will absorb its flavor and will give a really nice smell.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- You may serve this your favorite sauce.
- This makes 4 servings. Enjoy!