This chewy cookie like sweets that makes use of sweet shredded coconut is a must try! Coconut macaroons recipe is commonly served as snack but can also be consumed as dessert due to its sweet and creamy taste. There are many versions of macaroons available on the supermarkets but although soft, chewy and equally wonderful, they are a little different from the Filipino coconut macaroons we grew up with which are more dense and sort of cake-like in texture. Its list of ingredients involves white bread crumbs, condensed milk, almond extract, calamansi or lemon and margarine for greasing. Using coconut gives the dish the authentic Filipino taste. This macaroons are simple, easy and delicious! Try it now!
- 1 ½ cup white bread crumbs
- 2 cup condensed milk
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. grated calamansi or lemon rind
- Margarine for greasing
How To Cook Coconut Macaroons:
- Combine milk, coconut and bread crumbs in a bowl,
- Add almond extract. Mix well to form a dough.
- Grease a baking sheet with margarine.
- Scoop dough and drop on baking sheet.
- Bake at 370F for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet immediately.
Image Credit: elanaspantry.com