This dessert or version of coffee is originally from Japan but coffee jelly has now its very own Filipino version. The earthy taste of coffee and the sweet and frothy white cream, makes this dessert different from the usual cakes and pastries. This unique dessert that consists of coffee flavored gelatin that is served with cream. Different variations of coffee jelly and different ways to serve it is also available. Like for instance some like to have it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some like it with whipped cream. Perhaps, some like the gelatin in cubes while some like the gelatin in a bigger mold. No matter how it is prepared or served, one thing is certain. Coffee Jelly is delicious! The version we have here uses gelatin cut into one inch cubes. Perfect cooler for the hot weather that also enables you to take a different turn from hot coffee but looking at this recipe!
- 1 pack Unflavored Gelatin (Mr. Gulaman)
- 2 tablespoon Coffee (instant)
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 pack Condensed milk (250 ml)
- 1 pack All-Purpose Cream (250 ml) or Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 liters Water
How to cook Coffee Jelly Recipe:
- Dissolve the gelatin in 1 1/2 liters of water (or follow instructions on packaging).
- Bring to a boil until fully dissolved, then add the sugar. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the instant coffee and dissolve thoroughly.
- Transfer in a shallow container to spread about 1 inch thick. Set aside.
- When the gelatin sets, cut into cubes.
- In a a separate container, blend the all-purpose cream and condensed milk.
- Add the gelatin and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled