Coleslaw is one of the classic side dish commonly prepared to make dining extra special. Using only ingredients such as cabbage, carrots, pineapple, raisins and white sugar you can make yourself this healthy comforting food you can pair with burgers, grilled dishes and many more. This recipe is so easy so should keep this recipe ready on hand once you need a side dish to spice up your dull meal. Its cool creaminess, crunchy texture, and tangy flavor balances out the richness of smoked and grilled meats making your meal more enjoyable. The recipe we had here have few ingredients using only the major components of a classic coleslaw, still, feel free to add more depending on what will satisfy your taste. Happy cooking!
- 2 cups cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple, well-drained
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup white sugar
For the Dressing:
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup thick whipping cream
How To Make Coleslaw:
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- You may opt to chill before serving.
Image Credit: djfoodie.com