Basically, crema de fruta is best described as a layered Filipino dessert made-up of sponge cake, custard, a fruit coktail layer, and topped with gelatin. Usually reserved for special occasion, this special dessert involves preparation and ingredients that are above ordinary. This cake is staple during Christmas dinner or “Noche Buena” and other special occasions and been a Filipino Favorite since time immemorial. Using ingredients such as fruit cocktail, nestle cream, crumbs and graham crackers, you can make your own crema de fruta while at the same time enjoying being at home. This dish will surely be loved by your family. Try it now!
- 1 medium-sized can fruit cocktail, drained.
- 1 small tetra pack Nestle cream
- Graham crackers, crumbs
- Graham crackers, whole
How to cook Crema de Fruta Recipe:
- Line a rectangular container with three layers of whole Graham crackers. Add more layers if you want a thicker crust.
- Spread Nestle cream and fruit cocktail on top.
- Add Graham cracker crumbs. For firmer layers, use whole Graham Crackers instead of crumbs.
- Spread cream and fruit cocktail on top.
- Put another layer of Graham crackers, then cream and fruit cocktail.
- Alternate layers until the desired is achieved.
Image Source here