- 8 egg whites
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1½ cups toasted cashews, chopped
- 320g butter, softened
- 8 egg yolks
- 1¼ cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup water
- 4 tsp rum
- 2 cups toasted cashews, chopped
How to make Easy Sans Rival :
- In a mixing bowl add egg whites and beat until foamy. Add cream of tartar and gradually add sugar, continue beating until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold in the cashew nuts.
- Prepare 3 round pans (9 in) and line them with baking paper. Divide meringue equally into the pan then bake in a 160C preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until top is light golden brown. Once time is up turn heat off then leave meringue in the oven to dry it out, if you want a chewy texture you can leave it in the oven for 30 minutes but if you want it crunchy leave it in the oven for 2 hours, do not open the oven door.
- In a large bowl cream butter using a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl beat egg yolks until light in colour.
- In a saucepan add sugar and water, place it in stove top and bring it to a boil, continue to boil until it becomes thick like a syrup. You can also test it by dropping a small amount of the sugar mixture in a cold water it should form into a soft solid drop.
- Back to your egg yolks, beat them in high speed while pouring a very thin thread of the sugar mixture.
- Add the butter and rum while beating in high speed. This stage your Buttercream might be a bit runny, if that’s the case refrigerate until it hardens but still easily spread.
- Remove meringue in the oven then place them into a cake stand. Place one meringue in the bottom then spread a layer of butter cream on top, sprinkle ¼ cup of chopped cashews on top. Place another layer on top and repeat with the remaining meringue until all layers is used.
- Cover everything with the buttercream, smooth sides with spatula then sprinkle the remaining cashews.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving. Don’t worry the cake will not harden
Source : angsarap.net