Looking for a different way to enjoy leche flan? Then you should not miss this fiesta flan recipe and enjoy a refreshing dessert! One of the commonly served dessert treat among Filipinos is the leche flan that is basically made from eggs, sugar, evaporated and condensed milk. Like the rest of the traditional recipe, it evolves into more creative and enjoyable versions. Like this recipe we have here that added gelatin and fruit cocktail making more savoring. Just like the typical leche flan, caramelized sugar is spread at the bottom of the pans, except that additional fruit cocktail or choice of fruit is included. Then gulaman and sugar are dissolved in syrup-water mixture, which is later mixed with milk and vanilla and whisked eggs and cooked over low heat, with constant stirring. After that the mixture will then be poured into prepared moulds. Chill and serve and you already have a delectable dessert. Enjoy!
- 1 bar Yellow Gulaman (shredded)
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Sugar (for caramelized sugar)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Evaporated Milk
- 3 pc Eggs
- 1 can (432 grams) Del Monte
- Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (drained, add water to syrup to make 1½ cups )
How to cook Fiesta Flan Recipe:
- Caramelize sugar in pan. Divide into 3 llanera/molds. Spread ¾ of fruit cocktail at the bottom of molds. Set aside
- Dissolve gulaman and sugar in syrup – water mixture. Boil until gulaman has dissolved, then strain. Return the liquid into pan. Keep it warm.
- In a bowl using wire whisk, beat eggs until creamy. Strain on bowl.
- Stir in milk and vanilla. Mix with gulaman. Cook over low heat with constant stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail. Pour into prepared molds with caramelized sugar. Cover and chill until set.
Makes 15 servings
Lusog Notes: This delicious dessert is rich in calcium, for strong bones and teeth.