Looking for a savoring, full of flavor ribs recipe you can try? Then you should not missed this Filipino ribs recipe we have here. This mouthwatering dish is made with spareribs, onions, soy sauce, black pepper, star anise, vegetable oil, fresh ginger, honey, brown sugar, Worcetershire sauce, and lemon juice. This great tasting dish is perfect to pair with rice to enjoy on every meal. The tender ribs is cooked in boiling water with seasonings, and then finishes in the oven. This recipe is a really must keep! Have this pined and give it a try the next time you need a total savoring ribs recipe that features Filipino taste. Happy cooking!
- 6 pounds pork spareribs
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 whole star anise pods
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
How to cook Filipino Ribs Recipe:
- Place ribs in a 5 to 6 quart stock pot with the 2 wedged onions, 4 tablespoons of the soy sauce, pepper and star anise. Bring all to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and let simmer in meat juices until ribs are tender when pierced, about 1 1/4 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add remaining chopped onion and saute, stirring often, until onion is soft. Blend in the ginger, honey, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Cook all together, stirring, until well blended. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Using tongs, remove ribs from stock pot and arrange in a single layer in an 11×16 inch baking dish. Brush evenly with the honey mixture and bake in the preheated oven, basting often with pan drippings, about 30 minutes or until ribs are well glazed.