This creamy, healthy and delicious ginataang langka will surely make your meal a hit! This uses unripe jackfruit cooked in coconut milk. Yes, jackfruits are considered fruits, but unripe ones have the same attributes as vegetables; this was the reason why jackfruit in this recipe is treated as such. Many other flavorings can be used in cooking langka like salted dried fish, sardines and many more. The recipe we have here made it more tangy using turmeric or luyang dilaw that also made it healthful dish. Aside from the turmeric and jackfruit, other ingredients are used such as coconut milk, green finger pepper, salt and pepper to taste. Ginataang langka deserves a try, so keep this recipe and enjoy!
- 1 kg unripe jack-fruit (langka), sliced
- 3 coconuts, meat grated and coconut milk extracted
- 2 pcs thumb – size turmeric ginger (layung dilaw)
- 3 pcs green finger pepper (siling panigang)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
How To Cook Ginataang Langka:
- In a saucepan, boil the langka in some water.
- Add the coconut milk (second extract), turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Allow to cook for a few minutes.
- When the liquid has almost dried, add the first extract of the coconut (cream or kakang gata).
- Allow to cook until the sauce has become oily and the coconut milk has curdled a bit.
- Add the finger pepper. Serve immediately.
Image Credit: kareban.wordpress.com