Ice Scramble or iskrambol is a popular Filipino street food consists of shaved ice, milk, sugar, extract and red liquid coloring. This dessert is easy and simple to prepare and usually serve during meryenda (mid-afternoon snack) or summer season. There are many types of scramble depending on the ingredients used, however the ice scramble we have here uses shaved ice, sugar, evaporated milk, banana extract and food color. This dish is so delicious you will end up making this again. Try it now!
- 3-4 cups shaved ice
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup Evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp banana extract/flavoring
- 6-8 drops of red food color (for pinkish color)
- Optional Toppings: powdered milk, chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, mini marshmallows, candy sprinkles, rice crispies
How To Make Ice Scramble:
- Mix evaporated milk, banana extract, red food color and sugar in a bowl.
- Add in shaved ice and mix thoroughly. You may also use a blender.
- Place in serving glasses or cups.
- Top it with optional toppings.