- 200g malagkit (glutinous rice)
- 800ml (3 1/4 cups) coconut milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- banana leaves
How to cook Inangit (Rice Cake):
- In a non-stick pot, boil the malagkit with coconut milk and salt for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom of pot.
- When almost dry, cook over low heat and cover with banana leaves for another 10 minutes. The banana leaves give it a very appetizing aroma.
- When the rice is done, pour the mixture onto a large banana leaf-lined platter.