- 1 kg Pork Belly (Liempo), 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup calamansi or lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grind black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
How to cook Inihaw na Liempo (Grilled Pork Belly):
- In a bowl, combine marinade ingredients then marinate pork belly for at least 3 hours or in a fridge overnight.
- Remove the pork belly and then reserve the marinade.
- Combine ketchup and oil in marinade then mix well for basting.
- Grill marinated pork belly over hot charcoal for 10 minutes each side or until tender while basting with marinade mixture.
- Transfer serving plate and serve with steamed rice and spicy toyo-mansi.