- 2 cups hotcake mix
- 1 cup water
- ube preserve / mango preserve / strawberry preserve
How To Cook Japanese Cake (Pinoy-Style):
- Prepare five 7″x2″ foil strips. Form into rings and set aside.
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium-high heat then grease with shortening or vegetable oil.
- Stir hotcake mix and water with fork or wire whisk until smooth.
- Place prepared rings in the griddle pan.
- Pour 2 tablespoons butter in each ring.
- When edges begin to dry, top with ube or any preserve available then cover with a tablespoon of pancake mix.
- Cook until brown then turn to cook the other side.
Image Credit: pinoyexchange.com