Searching for a healthy, native, and easy appetizer recipe you can try? This kangkong chips could be your answer. Kangkong is one of the ordinary vegetable found and produced in the Philippines. Using this recipe will surely amaze you as it can turn the plain kangkong into a savoring chips. Now it is not just an ordinary vegetable and you will surely be tempt to try this over and over again. Kangkong that is also called swamp cabbage is usually cooked as adobo or sometimes in Sinigang. But this time. kangkong is not only famous to that, it can be made as chips as well. It is basically coated of a very light butter and fried until crisp and golden brown. Give this recipe a try especially if you have picky eater children, its fried texture really looks like chips and so they will forget that what they are eating is a vegetables.
- 4 bunches of kangkong leaves, cleaned
- 3 cups cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pc egg,
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 5 cups cooking oil for deep frying
How to Cook Kangkong Chips Recipe:
- Clean kangkong thoroughly.
- Remove leaves from stem. Set aside.
- For the batter, combine cornstarch, flour, egg, salt and water
- in a clean mixing bowl.
- Mix until the consistency is smooth.
- Heat oil and reduce fire to medium.
- Dip kangkong leaves in batter and deep fry until crispy.
- Drain oil from kangkong leaves then serve.