This recipe is staple to Filipino occasions. Like for instance at a Filipino fiesta, you see a wide range of foods, but there are some foods that are ‘constants’. One of them is lumpia. Rolled and an easy finger-food, this is an appetizer and in-between-meals that most Filipinos enjoy. This is normally deep-fried thus making it crispy, and you could call it a relative of the popular ‘spring roll’. If you are looking for a different way to prepare lumpia, then you should try this lumpia triangle recipe made by Chef Boy Logro. This recipe is simple, it is cooked on the way like the usual lumpia. The only difference is on the way it is fold. Try it now and enjoy!
- 1 pack Lumpia wrapper, cut into rectangles
- ½ cup Slurry
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup UFC Banana Ketchup
- 15pcs Nori wrapper, squares
- 500g Ground pork
- ½ cup Spring onion, chopped
- ¼ cup Chinese wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Carrots, grated
- 1 pc red onion, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 pc egg, beaten
How to cook Lumpia Triangle Recipe by Chef Boy Logro:
- In a bowl, season the pork with salt, pepper, chinese wine, sesame oil, egg, onion, carrots and spring onion. Set aside.
- Assemble the lumpia by placing 2-3 tbsp of pork mixture into the lumpia then top with nori.
- Then fold into triangles and seal with slurry.
- Deep fry until golden and serve with UFC Banana Ketchup.