Maja blanca is a type of Filipino coconut pudding composed of coconut milk, white sugar, condensed milk, and cornstarch. The later give maja blanca its thick texture. Just like the most of the traditional recipes, it also have different versions that is depending on the ingredients used to add flavor. This version we have for you is the classic maja blanca that uses ingredients such as coconut milk, cornstarch, white sugar and latik for garnish. its creamy and rich texture is from using coconut milk. Topping it with latik, this maja blanca is a perfect snack especially if you are looking for some kakanin or native dish. Pair it with coffee during cold raining afternoons, or pair it with coolers like palamig on hot weather of summer. Whatever ways you want to eat this, maja blanca is always a delicious and delightful snack. Try it now!
- 2 cups thick coconut milk
- 3 cups thin coconut milk
- 11/4 cups cornstarch
- 11/4 cups white sugar
- latik or budbod for topping
How To Cook Maja Blanca Recipe:
- Dissolve cornstarch in 2 cups thick coconut milk, Set aside.
- Add sugar to the thin coconut milk
- Pour in a heavy pan and Cook over medium heat.
- When it boils, add cornstarch and coconut milk mixture.
- Stir continuously until well blended and thick.
- Pour into a greased pan (or bilao lined with wax paper). Allow to cool until firm.
- Brush top with coconut oil and sprinkle latik.
- Serve with budbod or toasted coconut.
- To make Latik; Boil thick cream Lower heat and simmer until cream curdles and oil comes out. Stir once or twice only to produce more Latik and oil. Cook until Latik turns browns’Drain.
- To make budbod; Add ½ cup brown sugar to every clip of granted coconut from which milk was extracted(sapal). Toast over low heat until brown.