- 1 kilo pork with bones and skin, cut into serving pieces
- 2 medium size red/green bell pepper, cut into wedges
- 2 medium size potato, cut into wedges
- 1 small can liver spread
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp. peppercorns, crushed
- 2 medium size onion, chopped
- 1/2 head garlic, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 2- 3 pcs. siling labuyo
- 3 bay leaf
- cooking oil
How to cook Pork Caldereta:
- In a large saucepan put pork add enough water to cover meat, boil quickly for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and discard liquid, rinse pork with running water to remove all scum, drain and keep aside.
- Using same saucepan, sauté garlic and onion, add meat and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, hot sauce and stir cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in pineapple juice, 6-8 cups of water, ground peppercorns and bay leaf bring to a boil and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until pork are tender, add more water as necessary.
- Add potatoes and continue to simmer for 3-5 minutes or potatoes are cook and just enough sauce remains.
- Add liver spread, cheddar cheese and siling labuyo, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and season with salt to taste, cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add cornstarch diluted in 1/2 cup of water and stir cook until sauce thicken.
- Serve hot.
Source: overseas pinoy cooking