This dish is similar to Mexican menudo which is called “callos”, but the Filipino menudo is made of pork, liver, sweet peas, raisins, potatoes and carrots. This dish is staple dish that we serve in any parties. Usually, traditional dishes have many varieties of ways to cook. Just like this pork menudo. The version we have here is made with pork liver, chorizo bilbao, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, potatoes, chickpeas, raisins, Spanish paprika, atsuete, garlic, onions, tomatoes and cheese. Pair it with rice, and this dish will surely satisfy you on lunch and dinner. Try this pork menudo recipe now!
- ? kilo pork tenderloin (cut into chunk cubes)
- ? kilo pork liver (cut into cubes)
- 4 pieces chorizo Bilbao (sliced to the same size aspork)
- 1 big red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 big green bell pepper (diced)
- 3 big potatoes (peeled, diced and deep fried)
- 1?-cup chickpeas
- ? -cup raisins
- ? teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1 cup stock or water
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon atsuete oil
- 1 small head of garlic (minced)
- 1 medium size onion (diced)
- 2 big tomatoes (diced)
- ? cup grated cheese
How To Cook Pork Menudo Recipe:
- In a casserole, heat cooking oil and atsuete oil.
- Saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes.
- Add in pork chunks, pork liver, chorizo bilbao, bellpepper, Spanish paprika and stock.
- Simmer until pork is tender.
- Add in potatoes, chickpeas, and raisins.
- Season to taste.
- Finish grated cheese.
- Serve hot