- 1 kilo boneless, skin-on pork belly-fully cleaned, trimmed
- 10 grams salt (sea or table)
- 8 grams sugar (white or brown)
- 6 grams cracked black pepper
- 5 grams garlic powder
- optional 2 grams MSG
- 200 ml. pineapple juice
- 60 ml. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
How to cook Slow Baked Juiciest Liempo:
- Blend well salt, sugar, optional MSG, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Slit belly 0.75 to 1 inch deep on flesh side and 1.5 to 2 inches apart. (These slits will let flavors in).
- Pour in pineapple juice. Massage meat to break its protein for easier flavor absorption.
- Summon blended powder ingredients and pour unto all parts: skin, inside slits, sides etc. Scatter thoroughly. Refrigerate (NOT FREEZE) for 30 minutes. While waiting pre-heat oven to 375deg.F (190deg.C).
- Line rectangular oven pan with foil. Without draining too much, lay marinated belly skin up and pop into oven. Sear for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes retrieve belly. Turn. Now it’s flesh side up. Cover with foil.
- Step down temp to 275deg.F (135deg.C). Wedge belly unto oven again.
- Slow cook for 1 hour 15 minutes or until internal temp registers 155deg.F (68deg.C). Done.
Source: The Food Critic