- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 head garlic, peeled and mashed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 kilo pork ear and cheeks, parboiled, cleaned thoroughly and diced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 750 ml water
- 6 pieces finger chili
- 1/4 kilo talbos o bulaklak ng sampaloc (young tamarind leaves or shoots, flowers)
How to cook Tinumis sa Sampaloc:
- In a large wok, heat the cooking oil and saute garlic, onions, pork ears and cheeks, one at a time, wait until the liquid of each ingredient evaporates and the oil appears. Season with patis.
- Add the water, boil, reduce heat, cover the wok, and simmer about 45 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Stir the chili and sampaloc shoots, correct seasoning and simmer another 5 minutes.