- 2.5 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash of nutmeg
How to make White Sauce:
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter over medium low heat until melted. Add the flour and stir until smooth. Over medium heat, cook until the mixture turns a light, golden sandy color, about 6 to 7 minutes.2.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk in a separate pan until just about to boil. Add the hot milk to the butter mixture 1 cup at a time, whisking continuosly until very smooth. Bring to boil.
- Cook 10minutes, stirring constantly, then remove from heat.
- Season with salt and nutmeg and set aside until ready to use.